Oxygen Products (PTY) LTD is committed to ensuring that your privacy is protected. Should we ask you to provide certain information by which you can be identified when using this Site, then you can be assured that it will only be used in accordance with this privacy statement.
INFORMATION WE COLLECT
Oxygen Products may obtain certain personal information, including but not limited to information such as your name, email address, address and other contact details, when you choose to provide them through the use of our Site. The types of personal information Oxygen Products may collect include:
- contact information, such as your name, postal address, e-mail address and telephone number
- date of birth
- username and password
- personal information in content you provide on our Site
- employment information
- payment information, such as name, billing address, shipping address and phone number
- information concerning your interests and product preferences
In addition, when you visit or make use of our Site, we may collect certain information by automated means, such as cookies and web beacons. The information Oxygen Products collect in this manner may include IP address, browser characteristics, device characteristics, operating system, language preferences, referring URLs, information on actions taken on our Site, and dates and times of website visits.
A “cookie” is a text file that websites send to a visitor’s computer or other Internet-connected device to uniquely identify the visitor’s browser or to store information or settings in the browser. On this Site, Oxygen Products uses two kinds of cookies: session cookies and persistent cookies. Session cookies exist only for as long as your browser remains open. Once you close your browser, they are deleted. Persistent cookies, in contrast, last beyond each visit to the Site and remain on your hard drive after you close your browser. The cookies used on the Site include those that are strictly necessary cookies for access and navigation, cookies that track usage (performance cookies) and remember your choices (functionality cookies), and cookies that provide you with targeted content or advertising.
Oxygen Products may use the information it obtains from your use of our cookies for the following purposes:
- to recognize your computer when you visit the Site
- to track you as you navigate the Site, and to enable the use of e-commerce capabilities
- to improve the Site’s usability
- to analyse use of the Site
- to manage the Site
- to personalize the Site , including targeted advertisements that may be of particular interest to you.
Oxygen Products may also make use “web beacons” on our Site. A web beacon, also known as a pixel tag or clear GIF, and may be used to transmit information collected through cookies to our service providers’ servers, such as the server of Google Adwords. These web beacons enable our service providers to compile anonymous information about your browsing activity on the Site.
Your browser may tell you how to be notified when you receive certain types of cookies or how to restrict or disable certain types of cookies. Please note, however, that without cookies you may not be able to use all of the features of our Site.
HOW WE USE THE INFORMATION COLLECTED
Oxygen Products may use the information we obtain through the Site to:
- create and manage your account;
- offer and provide products, services and information to you, including newsletters;
- permit you to participate in blogs, forums, and discussion groups;
- communicate with you about, and administer your participation in, special events, programs, surveys, contests, sweepstakes, and other offers or promotions, to the extent permitted by law;
- display content on our Site, such as stories, product reviews and photos;
- respond to and communicate with you about your requests, questions and comments;
- process claims we receive in connection with our products and services;
- operate, evaluate and improve our business (including developing new products and services; managing our communications; determining the effectiveness of our sales, marketing and advertising; analysing and enhancing our products, services and Site; and performing accounting, auditing, billing, reconciliation and collection activities);
- perform data analyses and other processing (including market and consumer research, trend analysis, financial analysis, anonymization, encryption and tokenisation of personal information);
- protect against, identify and prevent fraud and other criminal activity, claims and other liabilities; and
- comply with and enforce applicable legal requirements, relevant industry standards and our policies.
In addition, Oxygen Products uses information collected online through cookies, web beacons and other automated means for purposes such as (i) recognizing your computer when you visit the Site, (ii) tracking you as you navigate the Site, and enabling the use of e-commerce capabilities, (iii) improving the Site’s usability, (iv) analyzing use of the Site, (v) managing the Site, and (vi) personalizing the Site, including targeted content and advertisements that may be of particular interest to you. Oxygen Products also use this information to help diagnose technical and service problems, administer our Site, identify users of our Site, and gather demographic information about our users. Oxygen Products may use clickstream data to determine how much time users spend on web pages of our Site, how users navigate through our Site, and how Oxygen Products may tailor our Site to better meet the needs of our users.
Oxygen Products also may use the information they obtain about you in other ways for which we provide specific notice at the time of collection.
Oxygen Products may use third-party web analytics services on our Site, such as Google Analytics. These service providers help us analyse how users use our Site. The information collected for this purpose (including your IP address and other information collected by automated means) will be disclosed to or collected directly by these service providers. These service providers may retain and use anonymized, aggregated data collected from users of our Site in connection with their own businesses, including in order to improve their products and services. To learn more about opting out of data collection through Google Analytics, click the link below:
Oxygen Products may use features of Google Analytics for Display Advertisers. That includes obtaining specific visitor cookie data, such as the source, medium and keywords used to visit our Site.
To learn more about how to opt out of ad network interest-based advertising, click the link below:
INFORMATION THAT WE SHARE
Oxygen Products may share information you provide with companies that are related to Oxygen Products through common ownership. Oxygen Products may also share the personal information they obtain with their publishing partners.
If you agree, we may share information about you with non-affiliated joint marketing partners and/or third parties whose products or services may be of interest to you. These third parties may contact you directly about their products and services. Oxygen Products will not share your information with these third parties for their own marketing purposes if you request that we not do so. Oxygen Products may, however, engage in joint marketing activities with selected third parties and may share personal information about our Site visitors with them.
Oxygen Products shares personal information with third parties who perform services on our behalf. For example, when you make a purchase through our Site, we may share information about you and your transaction with other companies for the purpose of processing your transaction. In addition, we may retain third party service providers to manage our customer databases or distribute e-mail offerings.
Our Site may feature blogs, forums and discussion groups. Please be aware that some or all of the information you provide (including personal information) in connection with these activities may be made publicly available.
Oxygen Products may also disclose information about you:
- if we are required to do so by law, regulation or legal process (such as a court order or subpoena),
- in response to requests by government agencies, such as law enforcement authorities, or
- when we believe disclosure is necessary or appropriate to prevent physical harm or financial loss or in connection with an investigation of suspected or actual illegal activity. Oxygen Products reserves the right to transfer any information we have about you in the event we sell or transfer all or a portion of our business or assets (including in the event of a reorganization, dissolution or liquidation).
LINKS TO OTHER WEBSITES
Oxygen Products’ Site may contain links to other websites for your convenience and information. These may include, for example, some of the blogs and forums you may access through this Site. These websites may be operated by companies not affiliated with us. Linked websites may have their own privacy policies or notices, which we strongly suggest you review if you visit any linked websites. We are not responsible for the content of any of these websites that are not affiliated with Oxygen Products, any use of such websites, or the privacy practices of those websites.
Our Site is not directed to children under the age of 13 and we do not knowingly collect personal information from children under the age of 13 on our Site. If we become aware that we have inadvertently received personal information from a visitor under the age of thirteen on our Site, we will delete the information from our records.
HOW WE PROTECT YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
Oxygen Products maintains administrative, technical and physical safeguards designed to protect the personal information you provide against accidental, unlawful or unauthorized destruction, loss, alteration, access, disclosure or use.
Oxygen Products gives you the option of requesting that we not share any personal information about yourself with third parties that are unrelated by common ownership with Oxygen Products for marketing purposes. Click here to send us an e-mail with your name and e-mail address if you DO NOT want us to share your personal information with unrelated third parties for their own marketing purposes.
Oxygen Products also gives you the option of requesting that we not make use of your information for marketing purposes, or share your information with related companies for their own marketing purposes. Click here to send us an e-mail with your name and e-mail address, if you do not want us to make use your information for marketing purposes, or share your information with related companies for their own marketing purposes.
Kindly take notice that we are able to process an opt-out request only for a specific e-mail address. So, if you have more than one e-mail address or if you have changed your e-mail address, your opt-out request may not be processed properly. If you believe you have opted out, but continue to receive e-mails from us, please contact us by one of the means listed under “How to Contact Us” below, and we will endeavour to resolve the issue.
ACCESS AND CORRECTION
Subject to applicable law, you may
- have the right to access certain personal information we maintain about you and to request and obtain a copy of such information,
- update or correct inaccuracies in such information,
- object to our use of your personal information, and
- delete your personal information from our database.
HOW TO CONTACT US
E-mailing us at [email protected] or
Calling us at (021) 557 0446.